Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Ivan Kudryavtsev <ku...@bw-sw.com> on 2017/11/11 09:47:53 UTC

Fighting two days with ACS 4.10 results

Hello, community. I have fought for two days with 4.10 and still random
issues happen. Previously I deployed 4.3, 4.9 with no problems, but 4.10 is
another story. Don't recommend anyone go to 4.10, stay with 4.9.3 - it
really works.

It still don't have user/admin docs. I don't know how to keep things safe,
but acs website states 4.10 is out.

What will feel a newbie who is in the process of choosing the platform? No
docs for 4.10, no deployment guide, broken functional?

I suppose, at least, it's important to state on the website that 4.9.3 must
be used in production and 4.10 is development release. Otherwise it's
"anti-reputation" for the product. Cloudstack always have been a reliable
choice, actually don't feel it with the state of 4.10.

As for me, I'll introduce PRs for bugs found, but I know the "value" of the
product. Imagine some random new person?

Also, I think dev team could request help efforts from community. Today, I
lurked across global config variables and thought, wtf, how the normal
admin could learn what to change and what will be affected if I change
"foo.bar.bla"? Nobody loves writting docs,  but it makes the product great.

Not so positive, but still ACS is a great product with great community, but
I feel the processes should be improved...