Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by jean-frederic clere <jf...@fujitsu-siemens.com> on 2001/06/05 17:52:24 UTC

Tomcat4.0 does not compile with jdk1.2.2

Hi,

I have noted that ProcessHelper.java and  CGIServlet.java use jdk1.3.1 but this
code cannot compile with jdk1.2.2...
+++
    [javac]
/home/jakarta/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/servlets/CGIServlet.java:1567:
Wrong number of arguments in method.
    [javac]         proc = rt.exec(cmdAndArgs.toString(),
hashToStringArray(env),
wd);
    [javac]                       ^
    [javac]
/home/jakarta/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/util/ProcessHelper.java:381:
Wrong number of arguments in method.
    [javac]     proc = rt.exec(cmdAndArgs.toString(), hashToStringArray(env),
wd);
    [javac]                   ^
    [javac] Note: 13 files use or override a deprecated API.  Recompile with
"-deprecation" for
details.
    [javac] 2 errors, 1 warning
+++

The 3d argument have been added in jdk1.3.1 - What should I do? -

Cheers

Jean-frederic

Re: Tomcat4.0 does not compile with jdk1.2.2

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@fujitsu-siemens.com>.
Amy Roh wrote:

> Please remove those files from your source tree if you're using jdk1.2.2.  I'll
> fix this after JavaOne this week.

Thanks, I have removed the 2 files, Tomcat works again.

Posted by Amy Roh <am...@betaversion.org>.