Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by alienator <al...@spils.com> on 2002/07/20 02:07:48 UTC

Subdomains to subdirectory

Im busy setting up my server to hosting company website.....
but i have one thing i can't seem to figure out...

I have the following domain that is pointing to my server ywait.co.za
that works 100 percent cool to dir   /usr/www/ywait/
but now i wanna add a subdomain... it still points to /usr/www/ywait/
for eg...   images.ywait.co.za  i want to point to /usr/www/ywait/images.

How do i, and then my argument for that is what if i type in www.ywait.co.za  will it point to /usr/www/ywait/www ???
how would i prevent that ?

Re: Subdomains to subdirectory

Posted by Jeff Beard <je...@cyberxape.com>.
Setup both hosts as as virtual hosts with the document roots pointing to
the appropriate directory.

Note that on a single host you don't buy yourself anything with this config.

--Jeff