Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Austin Bennett <wh...@gmail.com> on 2018/10/05 15:47:40 UTC

SF Meetup(s)

Hi All,

Looking to start organizing events for Beam around San Francisco.  On the
lookout for space -- anyone work for a company that could offer space
around the city (my company offices are in Foster City, a wholly
undesirable Meetup location)?

Also, anyone Beam using that would be happy to share use cases?  And devs
that could talk.about experiences building things, etc?

I imagine will prompt more and more, to get off the ground.  This is just
the beginning!

Thanks,
Austin

Re: SF Meetup(s)

Posted by Austin Bennett <wh...@gmail.com>.
Great!  Given the responses, seems a wealth of suitable locations.  It
sounds like this would be great to be a roaming meet up, to not be too tied
to SF or peninsula location nor a specific company/office.  I'll be in
touch with the individuals who responded to me (both on-list and off), with
aims get this off the ground in the not too distant future.

Especially @users: who is willing to speak and share what fantastic things
are getting accomplished with Beam!?

Re: SF Meetup(s)

Posted by Austin Bennett <wh...@gmail.com>.

Re: SF Meetup(s)

Posted by Ahmet Altay <al...@google.com>.

Re: SF Meetup(s)

Posted by Ahmet Altay <al...@google.com>.

Re: SF Meetup(s)

Posted by Thomas Weise <th...@apache.org>.
Thanks for the initiative.

Re: SF Meetup(s)

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Austin,

I would be more than happy to help and come for a talk.

For the location, I can ask to Talend (located in Redwood City), and I'm
pretty sure Google would be able to help as well.

@Gris ?

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: SF Meetup(s)

Posted by Austin Bennett <wh...@gmail.com>.
Ah, and link to the meet up so can join or be aware:
https://www.meetup.com/San-Francisco-Apache-Beam/

Re: SF Meetup(s)

Posted by Austin Bennett <wh...@gmail.com>.