Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Thomas Kwan <th...@manage.com> on 2014/09/26 16:02:52 UTC

Region Server on all data node?

Hi there,

To get good read performance, should the region server be installed on
every data node? (Thinking about data locality here)

thanks
thomas

Re: Region Server on all data node?

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Prior to major compaction, region server may need to read HFile(s) written
by other region server(s).
This could be due to region movement, etc.

Cheers

Posted by Thomas Kwan <th...@manage.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.