Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Janani Chakkaradhari <ja...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/25 19:20:17 UTC

UDP support in Streaming API

​Hi,

Does Flink's streaming api has support for
​ reading streams of data via Java UDP (DatagramSocket)? If so kindly
advise me in which release of Flink I can find it.

Thanks,
Janani

Re: UDP support in Streaming API

Posted by Márton Balassi <mb...@apache.org>.
Dear Janani,

Apache Kafka as a source is supported by our system, check out the
documentation for details. [1]

You can use UDP as a source if you wish, just bear in mind the standard
disadvantages of it: the possibility of losing messages and that you will
have to manually deal with the serialization of datagrams. For adding your
custom source all you need to implement is an instance of the
SourceFunction interface. [2]

[1]
http://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-master/streaming_guide.html#apache-kafka
[2]
http://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-master/streaming_guide.html#sources

Best,

Marton

Posted by Janani Chakkaradhari <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi Stephan,

Posted by Stephan Ewen <se...@apache.org>.
Hi Janani!

Posted by Sarvani <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Janani,

Have you implemented UDP source using the SourceFunction interface?