Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Bruno Furtado <bf...@tpi.com.br> on 2003/02/06 19:47:01 UTC

RE: Using Gump in my Company

Thanks for your answers, I´ll start studying it
 :)

                    "Adam Jack"
                    <ajack@TrySyb        Para:   "'Gump code and data'" <gu...@jakarta.apache.org>
                    ase.com>             cc:
                                         Assunto:     RE: Using Gump in my Company
                    12/06/2003
                    19:24
                    Responder a
                    "Gump code
                    and data"

           Is Gump recommend for someone to use in its company projects?

I do, and I would.

           Is it used to coordenate continuous integration among any
arbitrary
           projects, for example excluding jakarta projects?

I do so. I run three gumps, but for most folks two (or one) would do:

1) Full stack w/ all Jakarta base plus my stuff. [Stack often break before
compiling my stuff, hence (2).] I use this for early warning against
external changes.

2) My stuff only (w/ rest as installed "packages"). I use this primarily
for
warning of internal conflicts.

           Does anyone use Gump with this purpose? Is it hard to get things
working?

Yes and Yes -- and can I repeat "Yes".  Should it be? No -- but it can be.
Those XML files can bite you in the butt in 1000 ways, they are intricately
woven. I made some rookies mistakes, like stubbornly trying to hand edit my
profile, but if you start small (a profile with your packages and a few of
your modules/projects) then you ought be in good shape.

regards,

Adam