Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Joel D <ga...@gmail.com> on 2018/04/16 15:59:42 UTC

Business Rules Engine for Hive

Hi,

Any suggestions on how to implement Business Rules Engine with Hive ETLs?

For spark based Etl jobs, I was exploring Drools but not sure about Hive.

Thanks.

Re: Business Rules Engine for Hive

Posted by Joel D <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hi Pivonka, we are more inclined towards using open source products and
closer integration with Hive since we've most of our ETL in Hive.

Thanks.

Posted by Al Pivonka <al...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Joel D <ga...@gmail.com>.
The business rules we've here are currently embedded in hive code. They
range from basic standardization using case blocks to complex multi-column
validation.

Thanks.

Posted by Jörn Franke <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Joel D <ga...@gmail.com>.