Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Alejandro Rodriguez <la...@gmail.com> on 2020/03/05 22:25:43 UTC

Otreachy internship applicant

Hello there, I'm Alex, I'm from Mexico City and interested in the Airflow 2.0 project.

I hope I can make it and keep coding.

Cheers and good luck!

Re: Otreachy internship applicant

Posted by Kaxil Naik <ka...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alex,

I would really encourage you all to take a look at the
https://github.com/apache/airflow/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.rst document -
read it carefully and maybe even setup the environment.

Apart from the technical details, there is also a lot of information about
the "soft" part
of our community - how to create PRs, how to communicate, which channels to
use for what. I think most of the follow-up discussion can happen on Slack
for now I believe (I saw that you joined there as well - good!).

And you can also read it to understand what you can expect from the
community members, the fact that our communication is deeply asynchronous
and sometimes you have to be a little patient and considerate to get an
answer etc. etc. This is a really important document to read (and it has
pointers to more detailed documents when you get to actual development and
testing cycle).

Also if you are not already familiar or used Airflow, I would recommend
installing Airflow and
running basic QuickStart examples:
https://airflow.apache.org/docs/stable/start.html

and getting familiar with the basic concepts.

Regards,
Kaxil