Posted to dev@perl.apache.org by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org> on 2003/02/28 06:48:26 UTC

Re: modperl fails to load non-default handlers at run time with worker mpm/bleadperl

Stas Bekman wrote:

>> Now I've tried to debug this problem, but I cannot figure out how to
>> attach to the thread :( Any hints how to work with gdb and the worker
>> mpm? The moment the threads are started the main thread gets:
>>
>> Program received signal SIG32, Real-time event 32.
>> 0x402b0bb2 in ?? () from /lib/libc.so.6
>>
>> and then if I try to attach to the thread the whole server goes down,
>> without any traces.

replying to my own 1 year old question. When debugging the worker mpm with gdb
and using:

   set auto-solib-add 0

one absolutely must have:

   sharedlibrary libpthread

only then it's possible to debug it. I'll update the online docs.

This was a strange week, suddenly things start to work...