Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Vivek Krishna <vi...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/25 16:25:20 UTC

Drop a inconsistent table.

The table is in inconsistent state.  Reason being it was not able to locate
a few regions.

When I disable this table using hbase shell,  the master log says
RetriesException and is in the process of transition.  This takes a lot of
time.

Is it possible to force drop this table? Or rather what are the steps
involved in manually dropping a table?

Viv

Re: Drop a inconsistent table.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
What version of hbase?

How  many regions?

Can you get a list? (Scan .META.)

You need to close the regions out on each regionserver, remove them
from .META. then remove the table from the filesystem.  The first step
can be tricky.  If only a few regions, you could try doing each one in
turn sending a close region  in the shell.  When all are closed, could
delete each entry in .META. for all regions closed.  Then do rmr of
the directory in the filesystem.

St.Ack