Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Andy Li <an...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/05 01:31:10 UTC

Re: [Fwd: Re: Flow control behavior of fanout exchange]

We're running CentOS 5.3 on HP ProLiant DL360 G5. We haven't done any OS
tuning, such as disabling SMI's to lower the worst case latency. Just used
out-of-the-box config. (We haven't done any tuning on the "fast broker"
4-core machines either).

Why would lowering the # of working threads to #cores/2 change the behavior
of the broker so radically? Is there anything that can be done to let qpid
take advantuage of all the cpu cores?

Thanks,
Andy