Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by krishnakumar kumaraswamypillai <sc...@yahoo.com> on 2003/08/08 12:20:04 UTC

Tomcat startup error

hi all
i have installed JAVA 2 SDK 1.3.1_08
                 Apache HTTP server 2.0.47
                 Apache Tomcat 4.1
on starting tomcat i get the  error:

Created catalinaLoader in: C:\Program Files\Apache
Group\Tomcat 4.1\server\lib
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/xml/sax/InputSource
	at
org.apache.catalina.startup.BootstrapService.init(BootstrapService.java:201)
	at
org.apache.catalina.startup.BootstrapService.main(BootstrapService.java:297)

I browsed google and found that my CLASSPATH has to be
set.
But to what path should it point?
which jar files?

Where will i get information.