Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by iceguo <gu...@ffcs.cn> on 2015/10/30 09:12:39 UTC

How to connect Ignite using JDBC driver by client mode?

I an trying to connect Ignite using standard JDBC driver.

But for some reason, I want to use the older JDBC connection URL pattern as
following:
jdbc:ignite://<hostname>:<port>/<cache_name>,

It can connect sucessfully, but only for server mode.

After the connection finished, the data on it will lose.
I want to know how to connect Ignite using JDBC driver by client mode.

Re: How to connect Ignite using JDBC driver by client mode?

Posted by iceguo <gu...@ffcs.cn>.
I try the test again, nevey found any data lost.

I think you are right, JDBC Driver just returns data to caller and doesn't
cache any data.

Thank you for your reply.

Re: How to connect Ignite using JDBC driver by client mode?

Posted by Andrey Gura <ag...@gridgain.com>.
Hi,

Could you please exlpain what do you mean when talk about data lost after
connection is finished? Driver just returns data to caller and doesn't
cache any data from result set.

JDBC driver can connect to any type of Ignite node (server or client). Do
you see any error messages in logs when driver is trying to connect to the
client node?

On Fri, Oct 30, 2015 at 11:12 AM, iceguo <gu...@ffcs.cn> wrote:

> I an trying to connect Ignite using standard JDBC driver.
>
> But for some reason, I want to use the older JDBC connection URL pattern as
> following:
> jdbc:ignite://<hostname>:<port>/<cache_name>,
>
> It can connect sucessfully, but only for server mode.
>
> After the connection finished, the data on it will lose.
> I want to know how to connect Ignite using JDBC driver by client mode.

Andrey Gura
GridGain Systems, Inc.
www.gridgain.com