Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by blaubaer <re...@nzz.ch> on 2017/01/09 10:37:53 UTC

Manually importing notebooks -- inconsistent behavior

One way to import notebooks is to simply copy the notebooks into the
/var/lib/zeppelin/notebook folder. As noted for example  here
<http://fedulov.website/2015/10/16/export-apache-zeppelin-notebooks/>   to
make it work it's furthermore necessary to edit the interpreter.json file as
well. So here is some weird behaviour I am experiencing that baffles me:
sometimes just copying the notebooks and restarting zeppelin is enough --
the notebooks are recognized and can be used. No further tinkering needed. I
was wondering whether a) other people experienced similar behavior and b)
whether there is a logical explanation for it. thx.

Re: Manually importing notebooks -- inconsistent behavior

Posted by Jongyoul Lee <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

If you edit or create new interpreter by yourself, you have to copy
conf/interpreter.json into a new machine. All interpreters store their
default setting inside it and Zeppelin read and create new interpreter.json
from those default settings since there's no interpreter.json in conf
directory. If it exists, Zeppelin just reads that file and load information.

Hope this help,
Jongyoul

--
이종열, Jongyoul Lee, 李宗烈