Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Frank Felix Debatin <ff...@gmx.net> on 2006/03/31 12:11:42 UTC

RE: Spring, myfaces, hibernate

You're right. The next big framework will be Rocket, written by old school
coders like myself, which is based on the ReversionOfControl pattern. It
gets rid of all configuration XML files, and puts all power back into the
hands of the Java coder. An important subproject is concerned with
anti-wizardry.

JUST JOKING! Sorry, couldn't resist.

There will always be technical progress, and some sort of hype. It is always
hard to say what the expected life-time of a tool or technology ist. I think
that some have come to stay, like Java or OO. On the other hand, within web
development, there still seems to be room for improvement. But even if your
framework of choice gets outdated, you have learned a lot from the framework
developers on how to structure the domain's problems.

Frank Felix