Posted to c-users@xalan.apache.org by Ralph Holz <Ra...@unique.com> on 2002/03/30 01:08:39 UTC

Xalan 1.3 Win32: Error Code 6 and can't find DLL with Win98

Hi,

My system is a Win98.

When I try to use Xalan, either directly with Xalan + parms or the sample
file SimpleTransform, I always got the message

"Can't find xerces-C_1_6.dll"

I solved that by adding this dll to the Windows dir.

Now I get the more eloquent error

"Error writing file: [filename]. The error code was 6."

Transformation to the console is doing fine, and a redirect ">file.html"
also works fine.

I saw this seems to be a bug known as Bugzilla 3825. Still, I didn't find
out much more and I can't go on with this error. Can anyone help, please?

Thanks in advance and happy easter,
Ralph