Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Stein Somers <ss...@opnet.com> on 2011/08/09 21:53:37 UTC

1.7 corrupts WC when reverting add of changelist member

When you revert an addition in your working copy, and the item appeared in a
changelist, the working copy becomes corrupt and you can't ever use the filename
again. I built a maintainer mode version from /branches/1.7.x@1155504 which
balks (after a boring stack trace):

	svn: E155016: Corrupt data for '...../sandbox/wc/x'

at the end of this test script:

#!/bin/bash
alias svn=$PWD/../subversion/subversion/svn/svn
alias svnadmin=$PWD/../subversion/subversion/svnadmin/svnadmin

rm -rf sandbox
mkdir sandbox
set -eux
cd sandbox
svnadmin create repo1
url=file:///$PWD/repo1/trunk
svn mkdir -m boot "$url"
svn co "$url" wc
cd wc
# Need at least one versioned file, otherwise there's no problem
echo first >first
svn add first
svn commit -m blah
svn up
# Try to add a file x, in an uncertain state of mind
echo x >x
svn add x
svn cl c x
svn revert x
svn add x

--
Stein

RE: 1.7 corrupts WC when reverting add of changelist member

Posted by Bert Huijben <be...@qqmail.nl>.

Ok, we reproduced this issue in our test suite and fixed it on trunk in
r1156098.
(The fix is nominated for backport to 1.7)

	Bert

Re: 1.7 corrupts WC when reverting add of changelist member

Posted by Stefan Sperling <st...@elego.de>.