Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Rangel Preis <ra...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/22 21:08:30 UTC

How to add filter to palette component?

Hi, how can i filter the possible choices in the palette component i
read the topics below put it not helpful for me.

http://www.nabble.com/how-to-add-filter-for-Palette-choice-td23269578.html#a23269578
http://www.nabble.com/changing-choices-component-in-Palette-td23982514.html#a23982514

I have this:

final IChoiceRenderer<String> renderer = new
ChoiceRenderer<String>("name", "name");
form.add(new Palette("paletteDiretores", selectedItens,
availableItens, renderer, 10, true));

And a button:

AjaxLink btFilterPaletteContent = new AjaxLink("btFilterPaletteContent"){

    @Override
        availableItens = search new itens....
    }
};

I try this and don't work, if i inspect the objet the value is OK, but
in the screen the palette become blank.

i try to use propertymodel to avaliableitens... don't work too..
I just want to chance the content of the avaliable itens in the panel
without affect the selecteds itens.

Anyone can help me?

Thanks.

Re: How to add filter to palette component?

Posted by Eyal Golan <eg...@gmail.com>.
I've just noticed.
I also added this:
palette.setOutputMarkupId(true);

Eyal Golan
egolan74@gmail.com

Visit: http://jvdrums.sourceforge.net/
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/egolan74

P  Save a tree. Please don't print this e-mail unless it's really necessary

Posted by Eyal Golan <eg...@gmail.com>.
BTW, here the whole code of the palette creationg:
    private CustomPalette newSelectedSection(final Form form) {
        final RolesCoverageDasboard rolesCoverageDasboard =
(RolesCoverageDasboard) getModelObject();
        final IChoiceRenderer choiceRenderer = new
ChoiceRenderer("getConfigurationName", "getConfigurationName");
        final IModel allConfigurationsModel = new AbstractReadOnlyModel() {
// Model for choices

            @Override
            public Object getObject() {
                final List<Configuration> allConfigsFromMap;
                if (rolesCoverageDasboard.getUniverse() == null) {
                    allConfigsFromMap = Collections.emptyList();
                    return allConfigsFromMap;
                }
                allConfigsFromMap =
universesConfigurationsMap.get(rolesCoverageDasboard.getUniverse());
                final List<Configuration> configsForPalette = new
ArrayList<Configuration>(allConfigsFromMap);

configsForPalette.remove(rolesCoverageDasboard.getMainConfiguration());
                return configsForPalette;
            }
        };
        final CustomPalette palette = new CustomPalette("palette", new
PropertyModel(rolesCoverageDasboard,
                "comparedConfigurations"), allConfigurationsModel,
choiceRenderer, 10, true);
        palette.setOutputMarkupId(true);
        form.add(palette);
        return palette;
    }

It is very similar to yours. (list etc.)

Posted by Rangel Preis <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Eyal Golan <eg...@gmail.com>.
It looks just like what I did.
Did you break-point at
public Object getObject() {
               return this.avaliableList;
           }

?

Posted by Rangel Preis <ra...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Fernando and Eyal.
But it's not work.

I try the code below, when I change the value of avaliable itens the
itens in the screen became blank , and don't show the new value.

Custem Palette

    class MyPalette extends Palette {

        private Component externalizedChoiceComponent;

        @Override
        protected Component newChoicesComponent() {
            final Component result = super.newChoicesComponent();
            this.externalizedChoiceComponent = result;
            this.externalizedChoiceComponent.setOutputMarkupId(true);
            return result;
        }

        public Component getExternalizedChoiceComponent() {
            return this.externalizedChoiceComponent;
        }
    }

        final IModel avaliableModel = new AbstractReadOnlyModel() {
            @Override
            public Object getObject() {
                return this.avaliableList;
            }
        };

Palette creation

final MyPalette palette = new MyPalette("palette", inUseModel,
avaliableModel, renderer, 10, true);

        this.form.add(new AjaxLink("btFind") {

            @Override
            public void onClick(final AjaxRequestTarget target) {
                try {
                      avaliableList = getNewList();
                } catch (final Exception e) {
                    log.error(e);
                }

                target.addComponent(palette.getExternalizedChoiceComponent());
            }

        });

Anyone have another tip?

Thanks.