Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Vijay <vi...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/28 20:31:13 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache Configuration for ACL

Hi,

I am trying to configure apache for ACL. I have got installed Apache 2.2 in
my machine. I have modified httpd.conf file as follows

1. #Listen Modifications
#Listen 12.34.56.78:80
#Listen 80
Listen 12.345.67.89:7001

2. Added the following details
<Locations >
   AuthType basic
   AuthName "Restricted Area"
   AuthUserFile C:/apache/passwd/passwords
    Require valid-user
</Location>

<VirtualHost 12.345.67.89:7001>
     DocumentRoot "C:/program files/Apache Software
Foundation/Apache2.2/htdocs/caccess"
     ServerName 12.345.67.89:7001
     ServerAdmin someone@somewhere.com
      ErrorLog "C:/program files/Apache Software
Foundation/Apache2.2/logs/err_log"
     TransferLog "C:/program files/Apache Software
Foundation/Apache2.2/logs/access_log"
</VirtualHost>
After making these changes I restarted apache. Then I am getting an error
12.345.67.89:7001 address is already in use. I have weblogic server running
at port 7001.

So, what I am actually trying to achieve is -  I have my application running
in weblogic server which can be accessed by
http://12.345.67.89:7001/webappNow I want to validate each and every
user who is accessing this url using
basic auth provided by Apache. how can I achieve this? What if apache and
weblogic servers are hosted in different machines? My application is using
SSL port (7002) also. So, what are all the changes that I am supposed to
make this work? Thanks.

--
Vijay