Posted to docs@cocoon.apache.org by Stephan Michels <st...@apache.org> on 2003/03/21 09:59:30 UTC

Wiki -> xdoc

Hi,

another question, I could write a small Ant script to make it possible
to convert some Wiki into xdocs. This will allow us to add some of
that documentation of wiki.cocoondev.org into the Cocoon documentation.

Or should we separate strict the wikis and the Cocoon docs?

Stephan.

         Stephan Michels               EMail: stephan@apache.org
         ICQ: 115535699                Tel: +49-030-314-21583
----+----|----+----|----+----|----+----|----+----|----+----|----+----|-|

Re: Wiki -> xdoc

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch>.
Le Vendredi, 21 mars 2003, à 09:59 Europe/Zurich, Stephan Michels a
écrit :
> ...another question, I could write a small Ant script to make it
> possible
> to convert some Wiki into xdocs. This will allow us to add some of
> that documentation of wiki.cocoondev.org into the Cocoon
> documentation...

Cool - we will need this I think, there are several docs on the wiki
that should move to the xdocs.

But I think the consensus is that the Forrestization must happen first,
then we can reorganize the docs and move some content from the Wiki.

-Bertrand

Re: Wiki -> xdoc

Posted by Diana Shannon <sh...@apache.org>.
On Friday, March 21, 2003, at 03:59  AM, Stephan Michels wrote:

> another question, I could write a small Ant script to make it possible
> to convert some Wiki into xdocs. This will allow us to add some of
> that documentation of wiki.cocoondev.org into the Cocoon documentation.

Just curious. Have you considered how we might handle wiki links? Even
if you had a set of wiki docs, ready to reside in the core docs, it
seems to me you'd need some kind of wikilinkmap facility, to know
whether or not to transform a link to another
good-enough-for-Cocoon-docs page when you updated xdocs.

> Or should we separate strict the wikis and the Cocoon docs?

I personally don't like this strict separation. What bothers me is that
our current core docs, never developed via wiki, have never benefited
from the wiki world of user comments/corrections. I strongly believe
that many would be vastly improved if they had at least some wiki
exposure, perhaps even for a trial period.

So I would be also interested in an xdoc->wiki strategy, but with some
plan as to how to handle links efficiently.

Diana