Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by ChicagoBob123 <bo...@bobfx.com> on 2010/11/11 16:48:10 UTC

How to Purge a queue via TCP/NMS or HTTP

How do you purge a queue via NMS or HTTP Rest? The Apache notes on this are
very fuzzy but they seem to indicate there is no way from NMS or HTTP Rest
to do this only using Java code via getDestinations().

So my questions are many.
Can I purge the queue programatically via NMS or HTTP Rest?
If Yes does anyone have a step by step on how to get this done?

If you would like to know why its simple.  Prior to producing new
information for
a consumer I need to clear out any prior information. The queue is consumed
infrequently
by an HTTP client which can get disconnected or time out.

I tried to mimic the link on the admin page but it contains a secret code in
the link which
I cant find any information on how its generated or how I can get and use
one of my own.