Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org> on 2012/03/26 20:43:16 UTC

Apache Wicket 6.0.0-beta1 is released

The Wicket team is proud to announce the first beta release of the
Wicket 6.x series.
This release brings over many improvements over the 1.5.x series.

The roadmap with the major goals can be found at
https://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET/wicket-60-roadmap.html.
The migration guide with all major and some minor changes can be found
at https://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET/migration-to-wicket-60.html.

Git tag:
release/wicket-6.0.0-beta1

Changelog:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310561&version=12315431
Many of the listed tickets are fixed both in 1.5.x and 6.0.x.

Maven:
<dependency>
 <groupId>org.apache.wicket</groupId>
 <artifactId>wicket-core</artifactId>
 <version>6.0.0-beta1</version>
</dependency>

Download the full distribution (including source):
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/wicket/6.0.0-beta1

We don't plan any more API breaks but if you find something that can
be made better now it the time
to discuss it! We will try to avoid making any API changes in the
Release Candidates that will follow this
beta release.
Any feedback about the new features, their implementation and their
documentation is very welcome!

The Wicket team!

Re: Apache Wicket 6.0.0-beta1 is released

Posted by François Meillet <fm...@meillet.com>.
Great !  Thanks !

François

Posted by Josh Kamau <jo...@gmail.com>.