Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com> on 2021/05/12 15:10:18 UTC

Build process: tag names

This one is minor, but I noticed I got a different tag name than I was expecting and we seem to be getting it ever other release.

 - tomee-8.0.1
 - tomee-8.0.2
 - tomee-8.0.5
 - tomee-8.0.6
 - tomee-project-8.0.3
 - tomee-project-8.0.4
 - tomee-project-8.0.7

We seem to flip between the two formats.  Before 8 all the tags were of the shorter `tomee-<version>` format and not the `tomee-project-<version>` format.

I've likely known this and forgotten, but what do I need to do get the shorter version on future releases?

-David

Re: Build process: tag names

Posted by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com>.
   1. <plugin>
   2. <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
   3. <artifactId>maven-release-plugin</artifactId>
   4. <version>3.0.0-M4</version>
   5. <configuration>
   6. <tagNameFormat>tomee-@{project.version}</tagNameFormat>
   7. </configuration>