Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "Ing. Gaston Blanco" <cu...@ciudad.com.ar> on 2005/03/08 04:38:53 UTC

WebObjects vs Tapestry vs Struts vs. JSF vs...

Hi! I've been working for three years now with WebObjects, and two years with Tapestry. Does anybody knows where can I find a good comparison matrix
between java frameworks for developing web based user interfaces? I have my own ideas about them, but I want another look at the subject.

Thanks!

Re: WebObjects vs Tapestry vs Struts vs. JSF vs...

Posted by ron <ro...@gmx.net>.
point your news reader to this newsgroup at gmane and look 3 threads back.

ציטוט Ing. Gaston Blanco:

Posted by Francis Amanfo <fa...@tydex.com>.
+1

Posted by Alexis Tual <a....@fylab.com>.
> Alexis,
>
> i've used EOF for three year, and we had a really bad experienced. It
> has multiple problems with inheritance mapping, notification
> distribution, multiple channels to the database, etc. I recommend you
> choosing another Object Mapping Tool framework as Hibernate.

I've used EOF for the past few months and it has worked fine with my
projects (no inheritance mapping thought ).

> What I liked of WebObjects was WOF, wich I think is more mature than
> Tapestry

I think WOF is the simplest way to do component based web applications,
it has served us very well.
Each project brings his new homemade component, and i look forward to
obtain the same level of reusability with Tapestry without pain.

Alexis

Re: WebObjects vs Tapestry vs Struts vs. JSF vs...

Posted by Alexis Tual <a....@fylab.com>.
Thanks for the feedback!
The NSArray/NSDictionary issue had never come to my mind... and that's
a big one -_-
Moving away from WO was planned in 2 steps for us:
EOF + Tapestry and then Hibernate (high learning curve for EOF zealots)
+ Tapestry.
I guess, we'll have to switch our Data layer sooner then.
Cayenne + Tapestry seems like a fine replacement for WO...

Alexis

Posted by Michael Engelhart <mo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alexis Tual <a....@fylab.com>.