Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Praveenkumar Ch <pr...@tcs.com> on 2012/10/12 08:40:19 UTC

Fw: need help to write a query that does same as BETWEEN operator

Hi I am new to hive and we have a requirement for converting terra-data
queries to hive queries. So i was successful converting them.. so far.....
but now i have a teradata query that has BETWEEN operator in it, i don't
know how to convert using hive equi-joins.. can someone help me??

here is my query:

SELECT *
FROM account a, timezone g
WHERE
a.create_date BETWEEN g.start_date AND g.end_date ;
=====-----=====-----=====
and any attachments. Thank you

Re: Fw: need help to write a query that does same as BETWEEN operator

Posted by MiaoMiao <li...@gmail.com>.
You familiar with SQL?

I'm sure this manual will help. https://cwiki.apache.org/Hive/

Re: need help to write a query that does same as BETWEEN operator

Posted by Bejoy KS <be...@yahoo.com>.
 Hi Praveen

If Between is not supported in your hive version, you can replace Between using < and > . Like

SELECT *FROM account a, timezone.g WHERE a.create_date >= g.start_date AND a.create_date <= g.end_date ;

Regards
Bejoy KS

Posted by suneel hadoop <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi Praveen,
It should work the version which I'm using is 0.9.0
Thanks,
Suneel