Posted to dev@pdfbox.apache.org by Joe Lee <jo...@yahoo.com> on 2012/09/24 17:11:10 UTC

How to adjust font size by using setValue() to a PDTextbox

Hi,

I sent out the same question to user's group several days ago, but didn't get any response. I send the same question to this group again and hope someone can direct me to the right direction to solve this problem.

Recently, I need to convert my project PDF library from iText to PDFBox. I had trouble to adjust the text in the PDTextbox (the display font size is too big). By using iText library, I can just use "setField" to write the text without worry about the font size, etc... But with PDFBox library, "setValue" method won't adjust the font size automatically (base on the size of PDFBox.) Is there a way I can set the configuration before calling the setValue method to make all the text fit into PDTextbox automatically? Thank you very much for your help.

P.S. If I click on the PDTextbox field after set the value, it displays the correct font size. But it will revert back to the original font size if the focus is not on that field.

Best Regards,
Joe

Code Example:

        try {
                PDFTemplate = PDDocument.load("orderFormTemplate.pdf");
                PDDocumentCatalog docCatalog = PDFTemplate.getDocumentCatalog();
                PDAcroForm acroForm = docCatalog.getAcroForm();

            PDField pdField = acroForm.getField(field);
    if (pdField != null) {
pdField.setValue(value);//=== value is a multi-line text and field is a multi-line PDTextbox
    }
:
:
PDFTemplate.save("newOrder.pdf");