Posted to dev@synapse.apache.org by Supun Kamburugamuva <su...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/17 02:52:30 UTC

Synapse goes to an infinite loop when a URL with a space submitted

Hi,
If we submit a URL with a space synapse nhttp transport goes in to an
infinite loop. This is caused by a null point exception. I've created a Jira
and submitted a patch. This error case (invalid HTTP request) should be
handled by HTTP core NIO and it shouldn't propegate to nhttp transport
level. Actually part of it is handled by the NIO core library (creating the
response and not calling the ServerHandler inputReady method). But it
HTTPcore library calls the outputReady of the server handler and server
handler is not prepared for the situation where the outputReady method is
called without calling the inputReady method.

This seems like a serious bug, because if someone submitted an URL with
spaces to the synapse, basically it becomes unusable from that point
onwards.

Thanks,
Supun..

--