Posted to users@camel.apache.org by bmeyer2 <br...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/09 16:15:13 UTC

CXF 0.0.0.0 route with IPV6

Hello!  We use the following CXFRS bean and route:

<route>
        <from uri="cxfrs:bean:HardwareSrv"/>
        <to uri="bean:HardwareSrvToXML?method=transform"/>
</route>

<cxf:rsServer id="HardwareSrv"
        address="http://0.0.0.0:8181/PowerCellHardware/HardwareSrv"
        serviceClass="[redacted].HardwareSrv"/>

This works perfectly on IPV4 machines.  However, on several IPV6 Windows 7
laptops, Jetty refuses to bind to it (returns a Jetty 404).

Things I've tried:
1.) Disabled IPV6 on the network card.
2.) Disabled IPV6 for the entire OS.
3.) Disabled IPV6 on the JVM via servicemix.bat
(-Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true)

None of these work.  I can get the service to work if I use 'localhost' in
the route, but we need to be able to support remote thin clients.

Any ideas?  Should this be something for the bug tracker?  Thanks for any
help available.

Re: CXF 0.0.0.0 route with IPV6

Posted by bmeyer2 <br...@gmail.com>.
I tried overloading the route with both addresses.  This does not work either
-- I still get the Jetty 404 error, regardless if I try to reach the service
on localhost, the ipv4 address, or the ipv6 address.  Any other ideas?
Thanks for the help so far.

<route>
    <from uri="cxfrs:bean:HardwareSrv"/>
    <to uri="bean:HardwareSrvToXML?method=transform"/>
</route>
<route>
    <from uri="cxfrs:bean:HardwareSrvIpv6"/>
    <to uri="bean:HardwareSrvToXML?method=transform"/>
</route>

<cxf:rsServer id="HardwareSrv"
    address="http://0.0.0.0:8181/PowerCellHardware/HardwareSrv"
    serviceClass="[redacted].HardwareSrv"/>
<cxf:rsServer id="HardwareSrvIpv6"
    address="http://[0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0]:8181/PowerCellHardware/HardwareSrv"
    serviceClass="[redacted].HardwareSrv"/>

-----
Brett E. Meyer
Software Engineer, R&D
Raytheon NCS, Fort Wayne, IN

Re: CXF 0.0.0.0 route with IPV6

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
CXF is using Jetty.
That could be a common Jetty problem.

Can you try to ask the quest in Jetty user mailing list ?

On Fri Dec  9 23:35:30 2011, bmeyer2 wrote:
> What's odd is that we have this route:
>
> from("mina:udp://0.0.0.0:" + cBean.udpReceivePort +
> "?sync=false").to("bean:PCBean?method=transform");
>
> That works just fine under both IPV4 and IPV6.  So, could this be a
> CXF-specific bug?

Willem
----------------------------------
FuseSource
Web: http://www.fusesource.com
          http://jnn.javaeye.com (Chinese)
Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: willemjiang

Re: CXF 0.0.0.0 route with IPV6

Re: CXF 0.0.0.0 route with IPV6

Posted by bmeyer2 <br...@gmail.com>.
Williem, thanks for the response!

I have not yet tried that.  We need to support both IPV4 and IPV6 from one
code baseline, so I was hoping to stick to IPV4.  I suppose I could add
redundant routes, if that's the only option.

Re: CXF 0.0.0.0 route with IPV6

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Did you try to use the address 0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0 which is IPV6 version of
0.0.0.0 ?

On Fri Dec  9 23:15:13 2011, bmeyer2 wrote:
> Hello!  We use the following CXFRS bean and route:
>
> <route>
>          <from uri="cxfrs:bean:HardwareSrv"/>
>          <to uri="bean:HardwareSrvToXML?method=transform"/>
> </route>
>
> <cxf:rsServer id="HardwareSrv"
>          address="http://0.0.0.0:8181/PowerCellHardware/HardwareSrv"
>          serviceClass="[redacted].HardwareSrv"/>
>
> This works perfectly on IPV4 machines.  However, on several IPV6 Windows 7
> laptops, Jetty refuses to bind to it (returns a Jetty 404).
>
> Things I've tried:
> 1.) Disabled IPV6 on the network card.
> 2.) Disabled IPV6 for the entire OS.
> 3.) Disabled IPV6 on the JVM via servicemix.bat
> (-Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true)
>
> None of these work.  I can get the service to work if I use 'localhost' in
> the route, but we need to be able to support remote thin clients.
>
> Any ideas?  Should this be something for the bug tracker?  Thanks for any
> help available.

Willem