Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Guillaume Lederrey <gu...@gmail.com> on 2005/04/20 11:28:36 UTC

SingleSignOn and Form Authentication

  Hello !

  I'm using SSO and Form authentication. Most of it works just fine.
The only problem I have, is that I have to have the login form in both
apps. Every time I change it, I have to update it in two places.

  I use the following code in web.xml :

<login-config>
  <auth-method>FORM</auth-method>
  <realm-name>SIEMS-ds</realm-name>
  <form-login-config>
    <form-login-page>/login.jsp</form-login-page>
    <form-error-page>/loginError.jsp</form-error-page>
  </form-login-config>
</login-config>

  I'd like to use something like :

<form-login-page>../otherServlet/login.jsp</form-login-page>

  Or any other way to have the login form only in one place. Is there
a possibility ?

  Thanks for your help !

Re: SingleSignOn and Form Authentication

Posted by Guillaume Lederrey <gu...@gmail.com>.
On 4/21/05, shalu.gupta@tcs.com <sh...@tcs.com> wrote:

> After the authetication and login I want  to redirect to a Menu Page not
> to any page requested earlier.
> Using default form authentication tomcat redirects to the page requested
> not to the page I want (e.g Menu Page).

  That's the behavior that I want ... so I'have never looked further ...

Re: SingleSignOn and Form Authentication

Posted by sh...@tcs.com.
After the authetication and login I want  to redirect to a Menu Page not
to any page requested earlier.
Using default form authentication tomcat redirects to the page requested
not to the page I want (e.g Menu Page).

Shalu Rajkumar Gupta
Tata Consultancy Services Limited
Ph:- 020 4042631
Mailto: shalu.gupta@tcs.com
Website: http://www.tcs.com

Guillaume Lederrey <gu...@gmail.com>
04/20/2005 05:26 PM

Please respond to
"Tomcat Users List" <to...@jakarta.apache.org>

Tomcat Users List <to...@jakarta.apache.org>
cc

Subject

On 4/20/05, shalu.gupta@tcs.com <sh...@tcs.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> are you able to redirect after login. ?

  I'm not sure I understand the question ... The default FORM
authentication redirects after the login to the page initially
requested. I think I would more need to redirect BEFORE login to get
to the right login page ...

  Sorry if I understood your question completely wrong ... it's not on
purpose !

  Guillaume

ForwardSourceID:NT0000D1EA

Notice: The information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it may contain confidential or privileged information.   If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, use, review, distribution, printing or copying of the information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it are strictly prohibited.   If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply e-mail or telephone and immediately and permanently delete the message and any attachments.  Thank you

Re: SingleSignOn and Form Authentication

Posted by Guillaume Lederrey <gu...@gmail.com>.
On 4/20/05, shalu.gupta@tcs.com <sh...@tcs.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> are you able to redirect after login. ?

  I'm not sure I understand the question ... The default FORM
authentication redirects after the login to the page initially
requested. I think I would more need to redirect BEFORE login to get
to the right login page ...

  Sorry if I understood your question completely wrong ... it's not on purpose !

  Guillaume

Re: SingleSignOn and Form Authentication

Posted by sh...@tcs.com.
Hi,
are you able to redirect after login. ?

Shalu Rajkumar Gupta

[...]