Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Nigel Frankcom <ni...@blue-canoe.net> on 2006/08/03 19:51:26 UTC

Allowing IMAP/POP to Send Email & United Nations etc....

I'll put on my flameproof underwear for this....

There's been a huge amount of crossfire on these/this subject, but I
don't see how it has anything to do with SA; or am I missing the
point?

Different protocols, yet another level of policing, but nothing about
the fact that SA does a damned fine job of stopping what exists now,
not what may or may not happen (n) years in the future.

Just my 2 pence worth

Nigel

Re: Allowing IMAP/POP Thread to Continue?

Posted by David Cary Hart <Da...@TQMcube.com>.
What a COLOSSAL waste of bandwidth, cycles and keyboard erosion.

--
Our DNSRBL - Eliminate Spam at the Source: http://www.TQMcube.com
               Don't Subsidize Criminals: http://boulderpledge.org

Re: Allowing IMAP/POP to Send Email & United Nations etc....

Posted by Dhawal Doshy <dh...@netmagicsolutions.com>.
Nigel Frankcom wrote:
> I'll put on my flameproof underwear for this....
>
> There's been a huge amount of crossfire on these/this subject, but I
> don't see how it has anything to do with SA; or am I missing the
> point?
>
> Different protocols, yet another level of policing, but nothing about
> the fact that SA does a damned fine job of stopping what exists now,
> not what may or may not happen (n) years in the future.
>
> Just my 2 pence worth

2 more units of whatever currency.. kill the threads. NOW!!

Re: Allowing IMAP/POP to Send Email & United Nations etc....

Posted by Michael Parker <pa...@pobox.com>.
Nigel Frankcom wrote:
> I'll put on my flameproof underwear for this....
>
> There's been a huge amount of crossfire on these/this subject, but I
> don't see how it has anything to do with SA; or am I missing the
> point?
>
> Different protocols, yet another level of policing, but nothing about
> the fact that SA does a damned fine job of stopping what exists now,
> not what may or may not happen (n) years in the future.
>
> Just my 2 pence worth
>
> Nigel

google "marc perkel"

My $.02