Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Vaneet Sharma <va...@crisil.com> on 2006/09/14 12:43:58 UTC

Validation framework +dropdowns

Hii Frns

I  have  two drop downs in my jsp page,

I want to validate second drop down only when  the value of selected item
of first drop down is 2.
Can anybody tell me how to do this using validation framework.

Regards
Vaneet. Sharma
CRISIL.
Office- (91)-22-6644 4116
M- (91)-93223 39127
Disclaimer :
This message and any attachments (hereinafter referred to as the Said Information) are  intended solely for the addressee. The Said Information is confidential and may be privileged and is also prohibited from disclosure. Access, use, copying, distribution or e-use of the Said Information by anyone except the addressee is unauthorized. If you are not the intended addressee, please destroy all copies of  the Said Information in your possession and also delete the same from your computer. Any views expressed in the Said Information are those of the individual sender except where the sender, with due authority of CRISIL Ltd./CRISIL MarketWire Ltd./Global Data Services of India Ltd. specifically states them to be the views of CRISIL Ltd./CRISIL MarketWire Ltd./Global Data Services of India Ltd. Nothing contained in the Said Information is capable or intended to create any legally binding obligations on the sender  CRISIL Ltd./CRISIL MarketWire Ltd./Global Data Services of India Ltd. who accept no responsibility, whatsoever, for loss or damage from the use of  the Said Information including damage from viruses.

Re: Validation framework +dropdowns

Posted by Christopher Goldman <cg...@dhapdigital.com>.
On Thu, 2006-09-14 at 16:13 +0530, Vaneet Sharma wrote:
> Hii Frns
>
> I  have  two drop downs in my jsp page,
>
> I want to validate second drop down only when  the value of selected item
> of first drop down is 2.
> Can anybody tell me how to do this using validation framework.

Check this out:

http://struts.apache.org/1.2.9/userGuide/dev_validator.html#validwhen

It will let you do exactly what you're asking about.

Chris

--
Christopher D. Goldman
cgoldman@dhapdigital.com