Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Richard Monson-Haefel <Ri...@Monson-Haefel.com> on 2003/08/08 11:09:48 UTC

Geronimo Web Services

Anyone mind if I take on Web Services for the Geronimo project? I'll
initially focus on meeting the J2EE 1.4 requirements and then broaden the
scope later.  I been working, pretty much full time, with the J2EE Web
Service APIs and WS standards for over a year (I just finished a book on the
subject), so I'm pretty up on WS-Everything.

I'm pretty sure (more or less positive) that I'll be using Axis.

--
Richard Monson-Haefel
Author of J2EE Web Services (Addison-Wesley 2003)

Re: Geronimo Web Services

Posted by Alberto Rodriguez Galdo <te...@teleline.es>.
Richard,
        I'm afraid i don't belong to the  juddi project, but i've been using
it for several months and it's a great project and the best open source uddi
implementation. I agree too with the use of uddi4j client api...

i think axis + juddi + uddi4j + wsdl4j would be a great combination.

I would be very pleased to contribute to the web services part of Geronimo,
just let me know, i love web services.

greets

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@adeptra.com>.

or http://ws.apache.org/

> I didn't see a client API on your site, but I've been thinking of
> using uddi4j
> and wrapping it with a JAXR adapter. IBM's license appears complete
> compatible
> with Apache's.
>
> Anyway, I'm looking forward to the possibility of working together on
> this.
>
> Richard
>
> Alberto Rodriguez Galdo wrote:
>
>> As is possible that juddi joins the apache project, juddi can be used
>> provide a uddi registry...

Adeptra, Inc.                                       203-434-2093(m)
geirm@adeptra.com                                   203-247-1713(m)

Re: Geronimo Web Services

Posted by Richard Monson-Haefel <Ri...@Monson-Haefel.com>.
Alberto,

Juddi looks like it could be a good fit for Geronimo's UDDI registry.  It would
be great if Apache accepted it into the Incubator. Since its not specific to

Re: Geronimo Web Services

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@yahoo.co.uk>.
I took a quick look at the License - its BSD-ish right? if so Geronimo
could reuse juddi if folks think its a good idea. Whether it becomes an
apache project or not is a different thing that can be resolved further
down the line- lets start with seeing if its a good fit for Geronimo.

On Friday, August 8, 2003, at 10:11  am, Alberto Rodriguez Galdo wrote:

> As is possible that juddi joins the apache project, juddi can be used
> provide a uddi registry...

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/