Posted to user@struts.apache.org by abhishek reddy <ab...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/11 08:03:19 UTC

opening a popup window from Action Class

hi every one,

How to open a popup window from Struts Action Class?

thanks in advance
--
Abhishek

RE: opening a popup window from Action Class

Posted by "Frank W. Zammetti" <fz...@omnytex.com>.
I assume you're referring specifically to the AJAX option outlined on that
page... in that case, I have to admit I've never dealt with that scenario
so I'm not certain... but, wouldn't just escaping quotes in the response
on the server-side do the trick?  That would ensure the JavaScript doesn't
break, which I think is the only real consideration because I'd expect the
browser to handle the content regardless of what what charset it uses once
it's opened in the new window.

I may be very wrong of course :)

--
Frank W. Zammetti
Author of "Practical Ext JS Projects with Gears" (coming soon)

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by "Frank W. Zammetti" <fz...@omnytex.com>.

Posted by Nils-Helge Garli Hegvik <ni...@gmail.com>.
That's something you have to handle in your view, either with
javascript or just a link with the proper target attribute.

Nils-H