Posted to user@ant.apache.org by jo...@gmail.com on 2006/06/06 11:41:21 UTC

Using and checking an environment variable?

I want to distribute the build.xml file with an application and therefore
not include any paths to software the application depends on. Ideally I
would want to take this from an environment variable and show an error
message if the environment variable is not set.

Currently I set a property like this:
  <property name="sw.home" location="${env.THE_VARIABLE}" />
and later use sw.home wherever needed.

I cannot figure out how to best provide a default here or even better, abort
with a descriptive error message if the environment variable is not set.

Re: Using and checking an environment variable?

Posted by Vincent <vi...@gmail.com>.
You can also try the following
<if>
			<not>