Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Peter Velychko <v_...@ukr.net> on 2003/07/02 14:53:58 UTC

Re[2]: FOP problems with 2.1m2

Hello J.Pietschmann,

JP> Peter Velychko wrote:
>> So there is duplicating "xmlns" attributes in XML generated by Xalan.
JP> Could it be that the AElfred parser from the saxon jar kicks in?

>From Saxon documentation:
"Saxon no longer includes a built-in XML parser: by default it uses
the XML parser supplied with the Java VM. But you can use it with a
different XML parser if you wish."

JP> IT is known to report namespace attributes differently than Xerces
JP> which may cause hickups in some Xalan versions (unfortunately,
JP> this is a dark corner in the SAX spec).
JP> Try to remove the services entry from the saxon jar and see whether
JP> the problem persists. it this fails, see whether you can import the
JP> XML parser functionality from the servlet container rather than the
JP> webapp lib.
JP> OTOH, it could be the XML parser imported from the servlet container
JP> which causes problems. Try to use the Xerces component instead of the
JP> SAXParser component to exclude this possiblity.

JP> J.Pietschmann

The simplest way is to rename "saxon.jar" into "z-saxon.jar" :-)

--
Best regards,
 Peter                            mailto:v_peter@ukr.net

Re[2]: FOP problems with 2.1m2

Posted by Peter Velychko <v_...@ukr.net>.
J.Pietschmann wrote:
JP> Peter Velychko wrote:
>> The simplest way is to rename "saxon.jar" into "z-saxon.jar" :-)

JP> Is it guaranteed the jars in WEB-INF/lib are sorted before
JP> scanning?
No guarantee but it is so usually. Anyway it is temporary solution and
I'll return to the problem when I'll have more time

--
Best regards,
 Peter                            mailto:v_peter@ukr.net

Re: FOP problems with 2.1m2

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.

Re[4]: FOP problems with 2.1m2

Posted by Peter Velychko <v_...@ukr.net>.
Hello Perry,

>>>"Saxon no longer includes a built-in XML parser: by default it uses
>>>the XML parser supplied with the Java VM. But you can use it with a
>>>different XML parser if you wish."

PM> That only counts for Saxon 7.x but not for 6.x.x

Yes, the quotation is for 7.*. I try to use Saxon 7.6.

>>>The simplest way is to rename "saxon.jar" into "z-saxon.jar" :-)

PM> That should fix it.

PM> If you use the latest Saxon (7.5) the problem with duplicate xmlns doesn't
PM> happen. Well it fixed it for me anyway.

The problem is reproduces with Saxon 7.6 and 7.5.1. But the problem is
for working Saxon and Xalan simultaneously.

--
Best regards,
 Peter                            mailto:v_peter@ukr.net

Re: Re[2]: FOP problems with 2.1m2