Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Byron Dickson <by...@billionaires.co.nz> on 2005/05/18 09:50:40 UTC

[users@httpd] windows user

Hi,

I am having trouble connecting to Mysql from dreamweaver,  it's telling me
that the that the folder I am pointing the testing server to is not the
right folder.

I am working on localhost, and trying to create the website in a folder not
in the apache documentroot. Do I have to set up virtual server and how do I
do that. I have tried following the instructions on the website and have
succeeded in making apache not work. I am using apache 1.3.33.

Thanks

Byron

Re: [users@httpd] windows user

Posted by SkyFlash <we...@hackquest.de>.
> Byron Dickson wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>
>  > I am having trouble connecting to Mysql from dreamweaver,  it's telling
>
>> me that the that the folder I am pointing the testing server to is not
>> the right folder.
>>

> huh?

Apache has nothing to do with neither MySQL nor Dreamweaver. Apache is a
webserver.

>> I am working on localhost, and trying to create the website in a
>> folder not in the apache documentroot. Do I have to set up virtual
>> server and how do I do that. I have tried following the instructions
>> on the website and have succeeded in making apache not work. I am
>> using apache 1.3.33.
>>

> you can either use VirtualHost or change apaches DocumentRoot. by making
> apache not work you mean it wont start? check the error log.
>
> eoghan

Just want to point out that not all Windows users are like that...

Re: [users@httpd] windows user

Posted by eoghan <ap...@redry.net>.
Byron Dickson wrote:
> Was letting you know all of the information just incase it made a
> difference, how I was accessing apache.
>
> But I still need to know how to set up the virtual host.
>
> thanks

open your apache conf file. near the bottom should be an example of
VirtualHost:

#<VirtualHost *:80>
#    ServerAdmin webmaster@dummy-host.example.com
#    DocumentRoot /www/docs/dummy-host.example.com
#    ServerName dummy-host.example.com
#    ErrorLog logs/dummy-host.example.com-error_log
#    CustomLog logs/dummy-host.example.com-access_log common
#</VirtualHost>

make sure you uncomment #NameVirtualHost *:80 too, or add depending on
the port. do you have an example of what you tried? whats in the error log?

RE: [users@httpd] windows user

  > I am having trouble connecting to Mysql from dreamweaver,  it's telling
> me that the that the folder I am pointing the testing server to is not
> the right folder.

huh?

Re: [users@httpd] windows user

Posted by eoghan <ap...@redry.net>.
Byron Dickson wrote:
> Hi,
  > I am having trouble connecting to Mysql from dreamweaver,  it's telling
> me that the that the folder I am pointing the testing server to is not
> the right folder.

huh?