Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by QM <qm...@brandxdev.net> on 2005/04/01 03:54:15 UTC

Re: Embedded tomcat ussage

On Thu, Mar 31, 2005 at 03:18:30PM +0200, Renat Zubairov wrote:
: I have a question concerning embedded tomcat.
: How to make it even more embedded as it is?
: I.e. do not extract war file somewhere but getting a files from it directly?
: Is there any standart way to acomplish it?

It depends on what you mean by "extract war file":
1/ did you specify "unpackWars=true" in server.xml?  If so, Tomcat will
unpack the WAR file because you asked it to.  Set that attribute to
false and see what happens.

2/ or do you mean that Tomcat unpacks certain files to a temporary
space?  I don't think there's a way around this; so just specify (a
subdirectory of) java.io.tmpdir as the work directory, and that should
(sort of) cover you.

-QM

--

software   -- http://www.brandxdev.net/