Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Matt Juntunen <ma...@hotmail.com> on 2020/04/08 01:34:54 UTC

[numbers] Release 1.0-beta1 Follow-Up

Hi all,

I just completed the commons-numbers 1.0-beta1 release and I have a couple of follow-up notes:

  *   I was unable to add the release using the form at https://reporter.apache.org/addrelease.html?commons. I received an error message saying that I was not part of the PMC or an ASF member.
  *   I did not make any changes in JIRA for the release. Should we create a 1.0-beta1 release in JIRA and close all resolved issues or wait until the full 1.0 release?

Regards,
Matt

Re: [numbers] Release 1.0-beta1 Follow-Up

Posted by Gilles Sadowski <gi...@gmail.com>.
Hello.

Le mer. 8 avr. 2020 à 03:35, Matt Juntunen <ma...@hotmail.com> a écrit :

> Hi all,
>
> I just completed the commons-numbers 1.0-beta1 release

Thanks!

> and I have a couple of follow-up notes:
>
>   *   I was unable to add the release using the form at https://reporter.apache.org/addrelease.html?commons.

Done.

> I received an error message saying that I was not part of the PMC or an ASF member.
>   *   I did not make any changes in JIRA for the release. Should we create a 1.0-beta1 release in JIRA

Done.

> and close all resolved issues

Done.

> or wait until the full 1.0 release?

I figure out that it would be confusing if there are subsequent beta
releases:  All resolved issues up to now will appear in every one of
them, thus hiding (or making it more difficult to follow) progress.

Best,
Gilles