Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/17 08:29:15 UTC

NUTCH-1946 Upgrade to Gora 0.6.1

Hi user@ and dev@,

Quick message to ask kindly for a call to arms. I pushed a patch to
NUTCH-1946 [0] for Nutch 2.X HEAD [1]

This includes

   - Upgrade to Gora 0.6.1
   - Upgrade to Hadoop 2.5.1 (which Gora supports fully) see NUTCH-2101
   <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NUTCH-2101>
   - Introduction of @Deprecation within NutchJob constructors and
   introduction of static method invocations to shadow that of Hadoop 2.5.1
   API.
   - Utilization of Gora's org.apache.gora.memory.MemStore
   <https://github.com/apache/gora/blob/master/gora-core/src/main/java/org/apache/gora/memory/store/MemStore.java>
   which finally gets us testing more classes again. In particular
   TestInjector, TestFetcher, TestGoraStorage.
   - Removal of unused imports throughout the Nutch 2.X HEAD codebase.

Please review if you can, really looking forward to having a 2.X release
soon and any code review from the Nutch  and Gora communities would be
sterling.

Ta
Lewis

[0] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NUTCH-1946