Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Dave <sn...@gmail.com> on 2019/06/30 13:42:41 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Roller 5.2.3

Please vote to release Apache Roller 5.2.3.

I've prepared a third release candidate for 5.2.3 that corrects the
LICENSE and NOTICE files, thanks to Aditya and Sebb.
You can find the full list of fixes and improvements in the release notes
below.

IMPORTANT NOTE: for users of Remember-Me. Due to security concerns,
Remember-Me is now disabled by default. If you want to use it, you will
 need to enable it and provide a secret key for it in your Roller
 properties file, for example:

    rememberme.enabled=true
    rememberme.key=reallyreallysecretsecret

Release Candidate #3 files are here:
     https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/roller/roller-5.2/v5.2.3/

Please take a look and cast your vote. I plan to hold this vote open until
next weekend.

Thanks,
Dave

Release notes:

Bug
[ROL-2100] - HTTPS Scheme Enforcement feature removed
[ROL-2127] - Automatic database upgrade fails
[ROL-2129] - duplicate index on roller_oauthconsumer as Primary Key
[ROL-2132] - Remember-me fails when LDAP used for auth
[ROL-2135] - Comment Authenticator fix
[ROL-2138] - NOTICE file does not have standard content
[ROL-2143] - Fix mvn jetty:run

Improvement
[ROL-2137] - Require rememberme.key to be set

Test
[ROL-2142] - Skip RSS/Atom feed fetcher tests on Java 1.7

[RESULTS] Release Apache Roller 5.2.3

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
Results for vote to release

+1 Aditya
+1 Dave
+1 Greg
+1 Kohei

We have the required three PMC votes and more.

Thanks for all who helped out with this release.

Dave

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Roller 5.2.3

Posted by Kohei Nozaki <ko...@nozaki.me>.
+1