Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Massimo <ma...@snai.it> on 2012/12/03 12:26:58 UTC

RE: Printed blank page when running example class ExampleFO2JPSPrint.java

Hi.

I changed ExampleFO2JPSPrint.java as you recommended and it prints
(Sytem.out.println) values only if i change target resolution:

*userAgent.setTargetResolution(200);*

but the printed page is blank yet.

My SO is XP Sp3 and FOP 1.1.

Regards,
Massimo.

RE: Printed blank page when running example class ExampleFO2JPSPrint.java

Posted by Robert Meyer <rm...@hotmail.co.uk>.
Hi Massimo,

To quote Glenn here:

"Generally speaking, definite dates for future release of FOP are
not published (or known for that matter). However, speaking for myself, I
 would like to see another release occur in the next six months."

That is about the best answer that can be given at the moment. As you know 1.1 is still relatively new but hopefully it won't take as long to get a new release out the door as it did for 1.1 coming from 1.0. A 6 month release cycle would be ideal but it does take a lot of work to get a stable build out the door, so until it gets closer to the time a date estimate is still unknown. Keep your eyes peeled to the mailing list though as information about new releases will appear here first.

Regards,

Robert Meyer

Posted by Robert Meyer <rm...@hotmail.co.uk>.
Thanks for testing that out Luis as on both my Windows and Linux PC's I could not manage to reproduce the issue on trunk or 1.1. Keep us updated Massimo as to whether using trunk resolves your issue.

Posted by Luis Bernardo <lm...@gmail.com>.
Please try with trunk.

Posted by Robert Meyer <rm...@hotmail.co.uk>.
Hi Massimo,

I would suggest to use the same example but this time write to an actual file. I have modified the PDF example in case you haven't already done so to output PostScript (the same format the print example uses). If it writes "Hello World" to the file correctly then it shows that this is likely to be related to the existing bug and unfortunately until that is resolved the only option will be to render to a file and print from the viewer. If however, it does not write to the file and is blank, then that will suggest something is maybe going wrong at the renderer level.

Note: You may need to change line 122 to change the location of where the helloworld.fo file is being read from.

Regards,

Robert Meyer