Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Linda Hull <ch...@gmail.com> on 2020/12/05 18:27:23 UTC

I need help with an Open Office Writer task.

I have Open Office 4.1.6 on Windows 10.

I opened an archive with 7Zip, and in it, I have several files.  Each file
is a book of an Aramaic translation to English, of the Bible, having
several chapters.  Each chapter has verses numbered 1. 2. 3. etc.

In order to use the files in an IRC Eggdrop bot, we need them to be 1:1.
1:2. 1:3. and so on, for each chapter, so 12:1. 12:2. 12:3. etc etc.

There are twenty-seven books in the New Testament of a standard Christian
King James Bible, and that is 260 chapters, about 7,958 verses (varies by
translation).

This is a formidable task.  Is there a way to use OpenOffice to
automatically insert the correct Chapter numberings?

An example, showing a Chapter break:

28. Him whom we preach; and we teach and we educate every person in all
wisdom, to confirm every person as perfected in Yeshua The Messiah;
29. For in this I also labor and fight with the help of the power that is
given to me.

Colossians Chapter 2

1. But I want you to know what struggles I have for you and for those in
Laidiqia and for those others who have not seen my face in the flesh,

*********

The material is not really .txt it is a series of Word documents.

I hope you can help?

Thanks a lot!

Linda

Re: I need help with an Open Office Writer task.

Posted by Joost Andrae <Jo...@gmx.de>.
Hi Linda,

maybe changing the "After" default in menu item Format->Numbering on the
tabpage Options might do what you want.

Kind regards, Joost