Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by John Rousseau <jr...@archivas.com> on 2004/12/03 16:28:55 UTC

WCK question

I'm new to slide and WebDAV (but not to Java, HTTP, etc.).

I'm trying to put a WebDAV frontend on our product. WCK seems to be
exactly what I need.

I'm using HEAD as of 02 Dec 2004.

I've implemented BasicWebdavStore and I can browse our archive with the
slide webdav client, however when I try to "get" a resource, I get back
  an HTML directory listing.

This is because:

webdav/method/GetMethod.java:238 finds that the NodeRevisionDescriptor
for my resource has a COLLECTION property.

This is because:

slide/simple/store/WebdavStoreAdapter:597 news up a
NodeRevisionDescriptor using a deprecated constructor, which calls the
no-arg ctor which calls initDefaultProperties() which sets the resource
type to a COLLECTION_TYPE.

So, from the above, I think I understand _what_ is going wrong. What I'm
hoping to hear from the list is _why_.

Shouldn't the WebdavStoreAdapter call my BasicWebdavStore's isFolder()
and set the resource type appropriately?

Have I blown my implementation somehow? Did I goof the configuration? Is
this a bug?

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks for the great tool and the WCK
expecially! It's making my life very easy.

BTW, I'm having a very hard time groking what I need (and what I don't)
in my Domain.xml. The wiki is a little light on details. Anyone have a
minimalist Domain.xml for WCK? I just want to serve content. I don't
care about authentication right now.

Thanks!
-John

---
John Rousseau
Archivas, Inc.

Re: WCK question

Posted by Oliver Zeigermann <ol...@gmail.com>.
Great :)

The problem is that WCK has not yet been released with anything
stable, but once reported I will try to fix issues as quickly as
possble. Please do not hesitate to report anything that looks like a
bug to you or what should be improved.

Thanks,

Oliver

Re: WCK question