Posted to user@sqoop.apache.org by Arvind Prabhakar <ar...@apache.org> on 2012/03/21 20:18:13 UTC

Sqoop becomes an Apache Top Level Project!!

I am very excited to share this news with our community that Sqoop has
successfully graduated from the Apache Incubator! The resolution to
establish the Apache Sqoop project as a top level project was passed
today in the board meeting as noted in the summary below.

Heartiest congratulations and sincere thanks to all Sqoop Users,
Contributors, Committers, Mentors, and the Incubator for helping us
through this process. We could not have done it without your help and
support of the project.

We will soon initiate the infrastructure transition from the Incubator
to a top-level project. I will send out details about this once we get
things in motion.

Thanks,
Arvind Prabhakar

Posted by Kathleen Ting <ka...@apache.org>.
Join our Apache Sqoop graduation celebration: http://meetu.ps/831Jd.
Please RSVP for the Meetup if you haven't already.

Arvind Prabhakar will be sharing the highlights of Apache Sqoop 2. And
we're still looking for 2 more presenters to share how they use Sqoop. If
you're interested, please email me directly.

Regards, Kathleen

Posted by Kathleen Ting <ka...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jarek Jarcec Cecho <ja...@apache.org>.
That's a great news!