Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Dave <wb...@comcast.net> on 2005/06/23 01:40:21 UTC

Log4j1.3.0alpha6 NullWriter

Hello to the group,

I am using the 1.3.0alpha6 and must say its very good. I am having a little
problem with a     logger.warn(" some string", throwable)

I get the following output

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/log4j/spi/NullWriter
        at
org.apache.log4j.spi.ThrowableInformation.<init>(ThrowableInformation.java:49)
        at org.apache.log4j.spi.LoggingEvent.<init>(LoggingEvent.java:238)
        at org.apache.log4j.Category.forcedLog(Category.java:588)
        at org.apache.log4j.Category.log(Category.java:1169)
        at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger.warn(Log4JLogger.java:171)

There is no NullWriter class in the jar? Do I need to go get it or is
something else up?

Thanks
Dave