Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Del <sw...@gmail.com> on 2004/09/04 22:20:53 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache 2 setting charset=iso-8859-1 for all my .php files

In Apache 1.3.x my php files were served as:

and now in Apache 2.0.50 they are

Any modifications to AddDefaultCharset in httpd.conf does nothing -
the server is still always pushing out this charset for some reason,
and it is messing up pages on my multilingual forum.

(This is only on .PHP files - turning AddDefaultCharset to Off works
for my .html/.shtml files)

Anyone have any idea as to how I can remove "charset=iso-8859-1" from
being automatically sent with http headers when serving php files?

Thank you.