Posted to user@synapse.apache.org by Sihem <st...@yahoo.fr> on 2007/11/15 14:43:09 UTC

About the basic proxy functionnality

Hello,
I am trying to use Synapse as a proxy server as explained in Quick Start Guide with a web service (using JAX-WS) deployed on Tomcat, as well as the JSP client. This client is built according the WSDL of the web service. So I am wondering how to tell the client that its requests must go to synapse which will redirect them to the correct service. Because in the sample, you use the property named "-Dtrpurl=http://localhost:8080/soap/StockQuoteProxy"  to do so. But I must admit that I do not know what this property corresponds to.
Excuse me by advanced if the answer is obvious but I am really new in the web services and ESB worlds...
Thank you by advanced for your help.
Sihem

---------------------------------

Re: About the basic proxy functionnality

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Sihem

It depends on your client system. In .NET you need to modify app.config. In
Java this may work:
http://info4tech.wordpress.com/2007/05/04/java-http-proxy-settings/

In Axis2, you can set this in axis2.xml:
<parameter name="Proxy">
      <Configuration>
          <ProxyHost>localhost</ProxyHost>
          <ProxyPort>999</ProxyPort>
      </Configuration>
    </parameter>

Or you can do it programmatically (read here
http://ws.apache.org/axis2/1_3/http-transport.html)

Paul

--
Paul Fremantle
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
paul@wso2.com

Re: About the basic proxy functionnality

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@wso2.com>.
Hi Sihem

First of all I am copying this email to your reply address since you
don't seem to be a subscriber to the synapse user mailing list (i.e. I
had to approve your post manually) Send an email to :
synapse-user-subscribe@ws.apache.org to join this list.

> I am trying to use Synapse as a proxy server as explained in Quick Start Guide with a web service (using JAX-WS) deployed on Tomcat, as well as the JSP client. This client is built according the WSDL of the web service. So I am wondering how to tell the client that its requests must go to synapse which will redirect them to the correct service.
This would be specific to the language/technology you use to write your
client. Typically this could be someway where you either set the
WS-Addressing 'To' EPR or the transport level EPR for the client request
> Because in the sample, you use the property named "-Dtrpurl=http://localhost:8080/soap/StockQuoteProxy"  to do so. But I must admit that I do not know what this property corresponds to.

Those properties are just used for our samples which uses Apache Ant to
be executed and the names has nothing whatsoever special about them.. so
you can ignore those properties :-)
> Excuse me by advanced if the answer is obvious but I am really new in the web services and ESB worlds...

Your questions are welcome, however I am not very familiar on how you
have written your client.. would you be able to share its source code?

asankha