Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Ryan LeCompte <rm...@louisiana.edu> on 2002/05/10 03:12:41 UTC

JSTL taglib not found.

Hello,

I am trying to use the JSTL in my JSP with the following:

<%@ taglib prefix="c" uri="http://java.sun.com/jstl/core" %>

However, I get an error that says:

Error: (line 1): Could not parse deployment descriptor: java.io.IOException: can
not resolve 'http://java.sun.com/jstl/core' into a valid tag library

Any ideas?

Ryan

Re: JSTL taglib not found.

Posted by Shawn Bayern <ba...@essentially.net>.
On Thu, 9 May 2002, Ryan LeCompte wrote:

> Yes, this is definitely Beta2. It's such a strange problem..

This may not make a difference, but you will also need the other JARs
included in the Beta2 distribution.  (Your prior message mentioned you
installed standard.jar to WEB-INF/lib.)  In particular, ensure that
jstl.jsr is present too.

--
Shawn Bayern
"JSP Standard Tag Library"   http://www.jstlbook.com