Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org> on 2012/01/26 19:05:08 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Tomcat Maven plugin 2.0-beta-1

Hi,

I'd like to release the Apache Tomcat Maven plugin 2.0-beta-1.

The staging repository is available here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomcat-142/
The documentation site is available here:
http://tomcat.apache.org/maven-plugin-2.0-beta-1/

Changelog: http://tomcat.apache.org/maven-plugin-2.0-beta-1/jira-report.html

Guide to test a staged release maven plugin:
http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-testing-releases.html
.

[+1]
[ 0]
[-1]

Here my +1

Thanks
--
Olivier Lamy
Talend: http://coders.talend.com

Re: [VOTE] Apache Tomcat Maven plugin 2.0-beta-1

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 01/02/2012 20:36, Olivier Lamy wrote:
> Is it possible to have karma on
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/tomcat ?

Access to that repo is limited to PMC members of the respective projects.

If you put the signed files in your home dir on people.a.o in the
structure you want I'll add them to dist (assuming that the sigs are valid).

Mark

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
Hello,

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@gmail.com>.
On 01/26/2012 07:05 PM, Olivier Lamy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to release the Apache Tomcat Maven plugin 2.0-beta-1.

+1

Cheers

Jean-Frederic

Re: [VOTE] Apache Tomcat Maven plugin 2.0-beta-1

Posted by Henri Gomez <he...@gmail.com>.
+1

Highly awaited here !

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
Hello,
After the usual 72H vote time, it's still missing 2 binding votes.
As this release has new awaited features, I wonder if some PMCs could
have a look and push a +1.

IMHO a lot of users will be happy with a releasing containing the
tomcat7 support and the other feature (executable jar/war).

Thanks!
--
Olivier

Posted by Russ Tremain <ru...@releasetools.org>.
+1

Posted by Peter Roßbach <pr...@objektpark.de>.
Hi Oliver,

sorry for late testing the release:

+1 (beta-1)

I thing the plugin need more folks to testing.

:-)
Peter

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 1 February 2012 11:13, Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hello,
> Thanks for those suggestions !
> 2012/2/1 sebb <se...@gmail.com>:
>> On 26 January 2012 18:05, Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'd like to release the Apache Tomcat Maven plugin 2.0-beta-1.
>>>
>>> The staging repository is available here:
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomcat-142/
>>> The documentation site is available here:
>>> http://tomcat.apache.org/maven-plugin-2.0-beta-1/
>>
>> Looks nice and clean, however:
>>
>> There's no feather/link to the ASF in the heading.
> Agree and fixed in trunk.
>> The About page does not have an Overview as to what the plugin does;
>> it launches straight into the list of changes for the release
> This page http://tomcat.apache.org/maven-plugin-2.0-beta-1/ is not an
> enough summary of what the plugins (tomcat6/7) does ?

There are brief details, but they are buried amongst details of the
recent changes.

The overview needs to come before the changes, and be clearly
identified as such, for example:

*Apache Tomcat Maven Plugin*

This is the new home for the Tomcat Maven Plugin (previously hosted at
Codehaus).

The Tomcat Maven Plugin provides goals to manipulate WAR projects
within the Apache Tomcat servlet container.

Or to run your war project in an embeded Apache Tomcat. The run goal
give you the opportunity to develop quickly your application without
any huge install to do manually. More details and features: see
documentation.

*Recent Changes*

Version 2.0-beta-1 has the following new features:
etc.
<<<

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
Hello,